A new windpower device that is very quiet and can be integrated into homes and commercial buildings very easily. From the PDF:
The benefits of this device include:
* Fully utilizing variable and gusting winds running at speeds as low as 3 mph (low wind speed geometry)
* Low profile integrated support structures that safely enclose all turbines without noise or vibration within super-safe rotation that prevents machine runaways
* Safe high-torque/low speed rotation that prevents machine runaways
* High-integration and low-profile support structures that rarely produce TV shadowing
* Compatibility with current building code requirements governing rooftop signage, photovoltaic installations and cell phone tower applications in Chicago and other cities.
University of Illinois, Modular, building-integrated, and sustainable energy from aeroturbine systems, Bil Becker